Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Moving Day


Finally arrived in DC yesterday. I managed to fit all of my stuff into two suitcases and a carry-on, but was dinged for $90 in baggage fees. My apartment is decent sized, a one bedroom, fully furnished, yet I occasionally get a wisp of something that smells of a dead mouse. Air freshener is now at the top of my shopping list.

I started my job today. My starting class, about 90 people, met at the headquarters for a day of administrative processing. The first order of business was to swear an oath to the Department and the United States. Once we were sworn, we sat through a security briefing, detailing the do's and don'ts of handling top-secret information, and avoiding disclosure of secrets to foreign agents. Unfortunately, a good portion of the briefing dealt with blogs exactly like this one. We were instructed that blogs are ok, but that we must limit most of the specifics about our daily work schedules, co-workers, supervisors, or anything specific about what we actually do. As such, many of the things that I write about will be written quite vague and with limited identifiers. Nonetheless, I think this blog will still be pretty sexy.

Training starts tomorrow!

M

1 comment:

Karen Dorothy said...

It sounds like a cool job, even if you can't talk about it. LOL

Karen