Just thought I'd post a quick note on a few other interesting activities that I've occupied myself with over the past few weeks. Last weekend I went to the National Cathedral to watch a performance of Verdi's Requiem. The cathedral was incredible. Being from Arizona, I'm not used to having the privilege of going to such grand structures on a whim. It was definitely worth the $40 for the ticket to hear such marvellous music.
On Sunday, I went to the Instituto de Mexico, a cultural center attached to the Mexican Embassy here in DC. They were having a series of events to celebrate Dia de los Muertos, so we went to learn a little about their culture, see some of their holiday specific art and watch a children film about La Nahuala (spelled right???), a mystical Mexican monster that steals children's souls. Kind of a bizarre film, but I picked up some new vocabulary.
Until next time,
M
1 comment:
Holy Great Guggenheim! La Catedral Nacional es magnifica, sin duda! That looks taller than any basilica I've been to, and I've been in quite a few as you know...!
Derek
Post a Comment