Caroline has a stomach bug, so today was daddy's turn to stay home from work. Thus, time to work on this blog. We're not sure if we as the parents are getting sick as well, or if cleaning up vomit and shit all night has just made us queasy. Nonetheless, my boss says I can work form home for the next few days. I thought he was just being nice, but Shannon informs me I was being ordered to stay home lest I inadvertently infect the entire office.
I spent a week in Zagreb the first part of December, which was a treat. Though, traveling for work is much different that traveling for pleasure. Or maybe not. I guess the main difference is that I still had to wake up early to go to work. At night, everyone partied like they were in college, even those a few generations older than I. Jet lag may have played a role, as we were like zombies during the day, and wide awake come sundown. And who doesn't look back fondly on those late nights in college huffing down plates of sauerkraut, sausage and pork-knuckle?
I managed to make it back to the US, in spite of a complete outage of Britain's air traffic control system.
Caroline got a haul of presents for Christmas. I can't believe I even contemplated buying her toys. Relatives fill that necessity quite well. I got a garbage can. Not to worry though, its what I wanted. It has electronic sensors.
Right after New Years, our first snow storm of the season rolled through, and Caroline got to play in her first snow. The picture doesn't do her justice. She screamed the whole time. And who wouldn't? Snow is wet and cold.
Finally, for myself I bought this elliptical/stair climber. Hit the eggnog a bit to hard this holiday season. Gotta get my ass back in shape.
M





No comments:
Post a Comment