This past weekend we ventured to the market (рынок/rinok). It is a very comprehensive market - meat, cheese, veggies, fruit, and even a bunch of clothing/misc. stands. Half indoors, half outside.
We wanted to stock up on a few things to put in the freezer, because in a week or so they'll pretty much be down to beets and potatoes. We'll still be able to get all basic fruits and veggies but they'll be much more expensive and poorer quality, likely imported.
Mike did a great job asking the vendors about prices in his excellent Russian accent, while C and I tried not to give away our obvious foreigner-ness. Everything was a good deal - those giant heads of cauliflower were just over $1.50 each, I think.
We got several giant zucchini so I could make zucchini bread with C - she loves to help in the kitchen.


1 comment:
Sweet shopping skills!
Post a Comment