Sunday, January 22, 2017

Happy 5th!


Today (January 21st) is our 5th anniversary!  This is the second time I've spent our anniversary away from Mike, in the U.S. on medevac.  Both times my parents have been generous enough to take me out to dinner (this year to a Brazilian churrasqueria, yum!), and Mike got to hang out and have dinner with some colleagues/friends of ours, so we were both taken care of.

I'm glad Mike was able to post some of his cool Russia pictures, because I honestly haven't felt much like blogging since Caroline and I got to the U.S. - every time I try to think of something to write, all I can think of is how much she and I both miss Mike.  In fact, every time we read "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish," she has me go back to this page and points out Mike's name one more time.






She is a "voracious" reader, considering that she can't read yet.  She can easily spend an hour "reading" in her bed each evening, I can hear her quoting the characters and everything.  She also likes to recite the letters she sees, and gets her C's and S's mixed up like a true bilingual kid (the letter C makes an "S" sound in Russian).

I'm proud of her for making the best of this time apart from her Dad, even though she misses him so much.  And we'll be seeing him (and baby brother) in just a few weeks!!!!

1 comment:

Patti said...

Happy anniversary guys! Sorry you had to spend it apart. I love that Caroline keeps going back to the Mike page of "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" (one of my favorite favorite books). Adorable!