Saturday, July 15, 2017

Proud of these kids!

There are three blog posts I'm planning to do over the next few days.  Each will brag a little bit about someone in our family, if that's ok with you :).  We are finally hitting our stride here in Russia and enjoying all that Yekaterinburg has to offer.

This week I am very proud of our kids!  Little man's stomach still doesn't feel great, but he is still mostly all smiles even when he doesn't want to sleep or eat (wish I could say the same about myself during those times!).  As for Big C - there's so much to brag about that I don't know where to start.  She loves to go to her Russian preschool so much every morning that she usually beats me out the door.  Her Russian language skills are progressing very well - one of her teachers recently told me that even though they try to get her to drink her tea every day at lunch (it's another story entirely why they'd want to give 15 three-year-olds black tea with sugar), Caroline says "My mommy said not to drink tea at school."  I'm so proud of her not only for standing up to her teachers, but to be able to express it in a full sentence in another language!!!  At church she's been invited to go to class with the older kids instead of sitting with the babies in nursery, and since the kids' Sunday school class is about my level, I sit in too.  She always understands the activity instructions before I do!  She is a very impressive little girl. We love her.  And Christian loves watching everything she does!

    

1 comment:

Patti said...

Well done Caroline, well done!