Sunday, July 2, 2017

Summer Fun

You may be wondering what summers are like here.  Well, though summer temperatures can often get into the 80's and 90's, this year summer has seemed a lot more like spring or fall. LOTS of pollen and allergies, LOTS of rain (which I love), and lots of nice, cool weather.

Some of our summer activities have included:

 

Seeing the ballet "Romeo and Juliette."  The performance by the local Yekaterinburg ballet company was SPECTACULAR!!!

  

A day trip to a tiny local amusement park, complete with a ride from the 80's or 90's that sang "John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt" as it went around.

 

Ice cream on one of the warmer days. These little ice cream cones come prepackaged and they sell them on the street.  They are VERY popular here, and I assume they have been for awhile because I see them in this soviet-era show I watch.


Little Man is growing bigger all the time! He can roll front to back and prefers to stay that way :) 

1 comment:

Patti said...

"John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt"! Of all the songs in all the world! Hope the allergies calm down, and the ice cream cones keep coming.